What a gorgeous week it was in Nashville for the annual conference. What’s a Nashville trip without music? Right out of the gate we were challenged with creative thinking and enjoyed writing a song representing EIA during the Keynote presentation. Our original song – “Whiskey Bent … Asbestos Bound” – was a success and got our minds geared up for the day of learning.
Industry experts presented many engaging sessions, including:
- Is there a Civil use of Hazardous Materials?
- Working through Hurricane Ian Aftermath
- Evaluating Mold Air Sample Results Relative to Active Mold Growth in an Indoor Environment
- Asbestos and Mold Inspections Involving Confined Space Entry
- Reading, Interpreting and Using Engineering & Structural Drawings
- Updated E1527 Phase 1 ESA Standard and Where We Stand
- How They Cheat, Enrichment at the Expense of Others
- Asbestos ‘Myth-Busters’ Session
- Innovation and the Future of Consulting
- Water: There is more to it than Mold
If I had to pick a favorite, it was the presentation titled ‘Safety, what is it Really About?’ where we were reminded of who we practice safety for. As a parent of a teen in the middle of driver training sessions it really hit me to the core (as with many others – very few dry eyes). Our safety in day-to-day work activities, or even weekend fun, must be a lifestyle – and, it is for those that would be devastated if we were not to return home.
As per the standard for Environmental Information Association events, the Nashville Predators Hockey Outing and EIA Goes CMAs! – Environmental Remediation Industry Awards and Social Dinner did not disappoint. We look forward to joining the group again March 15-21, 2023 in San Diego!
Business Development Director
Sarah began her career with Enthalpy (then Prism Analytical Technologies) in the fall of 2006 and has held the positions of Office Manager, Accountant/Bookkeeper, and Customer Service Manager, and is now the Business Development Director. Throughout the years, Sarah has helped countless Indoor Air Quality professionals and consumers through their analytical reports and sampling plans.
Want our latest blogs in your inbox?
Tell us a little about yourself.